Last week Prime Minister Justin Trudeau announced the Honourable Navdeep Bains, Minister of Innovation, Science and Industry, is leaving cabinet. We would like to acknowledge Minister Bains’s leadership and dedication to Canada’s national DRI Strategy, and thank him for his hard work that benefits the Canadian researchers we serve.
We look forward to welcoming Minister François-Philippe Champagne and working with him to advance NDRIO’s mandate.
Canadian Digital Research Needs Assessment Consultation Process
NDRIO is committed to engaging in multiple community consultations to ensure that our Strategic Plan is informed by the needs of Canadian researchers working in the DRI ecosystem. We received 107 submissions to our Call for Position Papers, which are housed on our website, and 19 submissions to our Call for Current Documentation.
There are two additional consultation opportunities. A Needs Assessment Survey will be sent to you in the coming weeks and Virtual Town Halls will take place in the spring. Please stay tuned for more information.
NDRIO Staffing Updates
We are pleased to welcome the following individuals into permanent roles within NDRIO:
- Ghilaine Roquet – Vice President, Strategy & Planning
- Elizabeth Carter – Executive Assistant
- Seppo Sahrakorpi – Senior Analyst for Advanced Research Computing
- Ryan Figueira – HR Business Partner
- Nomsa Nhamoinesu – Manager, Grant Oversight
- Elizabeth Mailloux – Board Secretary
Each one is an expert in their field and will make a tremendous, impactful contribution to our growing organization.
As we continue to expand our executive leadership team, we are hiring five key roles including:
- Vice President, Corporate Services
- Vice President, Operations and Security
- Vice President, Communications and External Relations
- Director, Information Security
- Director, Procurement and Grant Management
These positions are an opportunity to help us advance and invest in national DRI activities that will allow Canada’s researchers to achieve scientific breakthrough and research excellence to better the lives of all Canadians. I invite you to apply or share the postings with your network.
As NDRIO continues to grow, I am excited to see what we will achieve together.
New Digital Research Infrastructure Organization (NDRIO)