The Federation delivers world-class advanced research computing infrastructure and support to Canadian researchers and innovators. Powered by a nationally coordinated network of hardware and software resources, we provide a broad spectrum of advanced computing services in support of research, including technical support, training, application and development.
Powered By Experts
One of our most valuable resources is our highly qualified staff. More than 200 personnel run the national platform of resources and support thousands of users across the country. Our talented team team of programmers, analysts, and computational science specialists support an extensive range of research computing needs on a case-by-case basis, including (but not limited to):
- High performance, big data and GPU computing and storage
- Extensive variety of specialized software
- Globus portal to share and transfer terabytes of data in a fast and secure environment
- Portals for specialized data and tools available for research disciplines
- GenAP platform to access and use genomic datasets
- ownCloud on a dedicated, managed server, offering data integrity and 50GB of space across multiple devices
- Cloud environment development space that includes an outwardfacing IP address
- Data storage and backup systems provide stability and security options over your desktop
Supporting Research At All Scales
In addition to its existing support for large-scale research projects, the Alliance’s research computing assets are also capable of sustaining robust research for mid and smaller-scale data intensive projects. Many of our resources use batch scheduling systems with dynamic algorithms in place to support “fair-share” access to allocated resources. We also support a large number of open source and commercial software packages.
For users with special or above-average needs, we offer other service models on a case by case basis. Our staff are always willing to meet with researchers to discuss the best ways to accommodate their research needs. If you are interested in raw listings of available machines, please visit Available Resources page.