The Digital Research Alliance of Canada is excited to announce the annual Humanities and Social Sciences (HSS) Winter Series.
The HSS Winter Series 2024 takes place online from February 12-16, 2024.
The series includes introductory workshops on digital research tools and techniques for researchers in the humanities, arts and social sciences. Sessions are led by instructors from Alliance member institutions and partner organizations. These are beginner-level sessions; no prior experience or knowledge is required. Participants may register for as many sessions as they wish.
Full program details and registration information: HSS Winter Series 2024
- Introduction to the Canadian Certificate in Digital Humanities (cc:DH/HN)
- Canadian HSS Commons platform
- Introduction to GIS
- DMP Assistant
- Managing sensitive data in Canada
- Introduction to FRDR, Lunaris, Borealis and Odesi
- Stylo: semantic text editor
- TEI (Text Encoding Initiative)
- Introduction to interactive coding notebook environments: Jupyter & Colab
- Introduction to Python
- Introduction to R
- Machine Learning
- 3D Visualization
John Simpson (Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada) will deliver the keynote address on the history of the national HSS team and a vision for the future of digital research infrastructure support for HSS researchers.
Most sessions will be available in both French and English.
For further information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.