The Digital Research Alliance of Canada, in partnership with host institution the University of Alberta Library, is pleased to announce the release of a major update to the DMP Assistant v.3.0. Over the past few months, our development team has been working hard to bring the DMP Assistant platform up to speed with the latest DMPRoadmap codebase (v3.0.4). This has been a major upgrade requiring significant development work, and brings the DMP Assistant into closer alignment with its codebase collaborators at the Digital Curation Centre (DCC) and their DMP platform, DMPonline. This will allow more streamlined and collaborative development in the future, in coordination with DCC and with the guidance of the DMP Assistant Steering Committee. User-facing updates included in this release are outlined below.
- From the Project Details page of a DMP, researchers can now add Project Start and Project End dates (based on the RDA DMP Common Standard), and Funding Status
- Plan visibility will now be set exclusively from the Share tab of a DMP (always private by default)
- New Contributors page for DMPs allowing researchers to add information about contributors and collaborators of their projects, and to assign roles related to data management such as Data Manager, Principal Investigator and Project Administrator
- New JSON file format option for downloading DMPs
- Ability to Show Only Admins at your institution when searching Users
- Ability to Exclude Test Plans when viewing, searching, and downloading Usage Statistics
- Both versions of the DMPRoadmap API are now available for use with the DMP Assistant, including Version 1 which uses the RDA DMP Common Standard to communicate metadata about DMPs
We are very excited to share this new release with the community and look forward to the continued growth and development of the platform.
For more information, please contact Robyn Nicholson, Data Management Planning Coordinator, at email@example.com. For user support, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.